Head/ Neck Pain Management
What is TMJ Disorder?
Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD, TMJD) is an umbrella term covering pain and dysfunction of the muscles of mastication (the muscles that move the jaw) and the temporomandibular joints (the joints which connect the mandible to the skull).
What causes TMJ Disorder?
– Head/ Neck/ Jaw Misaalignment
– Grinding of teeth
Signs and Symptoms of TMJ Disorder
– radiating pain in the face, jaw, or neck,
– jaw muscle stiffness,
– limited movement or locking of the jaw,
– painful clicking, popping or grating in the jaw joint when opening or closing the mouth,
– a change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together.
– ear blockage and ringing/ tinnitus
How can we treat TMJ Disorder?
– Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
– Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
– Splint Therapy
Should you be experiencing the abovementioned symptoms, do come in and have a chat with our Doctors @ Nour!sh Holistic Sleep & Pain Management Centre. Your health and well-being is important to us. We strive to be a sanctuary for all your discomforts.
For more information on our Dental/ Pain Services, do visit us at http://www.nourishdentalcare.com or call us at 6344 0091 for queries and appointments.